Welcome New Faculty! We are pleased that you have chosen KSU and look forward to working with you. This page will connect you with resources and groups on campus that will help you get off to a successful start.
New Faculty Orientation (NFO) is hosted by the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning each August and is open to all new full and part-time faculty, as well as faculty that have changed their role at KSU.
The goals for NFO are to:
- Help new faculty develop an understanding of KSU’s mission and culture.
- Provide new faculty with an overview of available resources that can help achieve professional goals.
- Provide an opportunity for new faculty to complete essential onboarding activities in one place.
- Facilitate connections with faculty and staff across both campuses.
- Lay the groundwork for an energizing, productive, and successful career at KSU.
HR Onboarding Requirements
In addition to New Faculty Orientation, new faculty need to complete the New Employee Onboarding process facilitated by Human Resources. Contact HR by phone: 470-578-6030 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org with questions about this process.
You will find the following resources helpful as you get started on your KSU journey. We also encourage you to explore other pages on the KSU CETL website using the navigation links on the left side of this page.
- Advice from Near Peer Early Career Faculty at KSU
- Annual Review, Promotion, and Tenure Resources from Faculty Affairs
- Faculty Affairs Resources
- Faculty Awards
- General Faculty Resources
- Human Resources Employee Toolkit
- Teaching Resources
- The Office of Diversity and Inclusion provides links to campus resources related to gender and work-life balance, GLBTIQ initiatives, racial and ethnic dialogue, health and well-being, disabilities and more.
- The Office of Research New Faculty Resources