Faculty Mutual Mentoring Groups
Mutual Mentoring Groups (MMGs) and Communities of Practice (CoPs), provide an opportunity for KSU faculty to build community with like-minded peers and to support each other while achieving goals within an area of focus, as defined by the group. They have a lead mentor, meet monthly or bimonthly, and are structured according to member preference. Some are accountability groups which provide regular check-in times to discuss progress made toward goals, some are communities of practice which explore resources and research on each group's selected area of focus, some are support groups, and some are a combination of these. Members commit to attend most of the meetings each semester and receive no funding for participation.
CETL currently facilitates the following MMGs and CoPs based on requests we have received from faculty. Please click on the name of the group below for more information and to sign up to participate. Registration for each group closes one day prior to the kickoff date. Please email the facilitator to join after registration closes.
- Portfolio Development MMG for Pre-Tenure, Promotion, and Tenure Review (Full-Time Tenure Track Faculty)
- Portfolio Development MMG for Promotion Review (Full-Time Non-Tenure Track Faculty)
- Parents in Academia MMG - August 18th kickoff
- Academic Chairs and Directors MMG - August 20th kickoff
- Write Here, Write Now CoP - August 26th kickoff
- BIPOC MMG - August 27th kickoff
- Designing Your Life CoP - September 1st kickoff
- International and Global Faculty MMG - September 13th kickoff
- Assistant and Associate Deans MMG - September 17th kickoff
- Assistant and Associate Academic Chairs and Directors MMG - kickoff to be determined
Registration will open in late fall.
- Academic Chairs and Directors MMG
- Assistant and Associate Academic Chairs and Directors MMG
- Assistant and Associate Deans MMG
- Designing Your Life CoP
- BIPOC MMG
- International and Global Faculty MMG
- Parents in Academia MMG
- Portfolio Development MMG for Post-Tenure Review
- Write Here, Write Now CoP
CETL welcomes requests for new mutual mentoring groups. Please direct such requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.