Regents’ Scholarship of Teaching & Learning Awards
This award recognizes faculty who are not only excellent teachers but who, in accordance with the Boyer model, disseminate their teaching innovations through scholarship.
Official USG Award Guidelines
In particular, note that the only scholarship that will be considered for this award is the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SoTL) and that the Regents request an abbreviated CV focusing on SoTL publications and presentations. Your candidate should have a solid record in this area.
- Thursday, September 14, 2023 at 5:00pm - deadline for each Dean or designee to submit nominations to the Dean’s council.
- Tuesday, September 19, 2023 at 5:00pm - deadline for each Dean or designees to submit ratings for nominees in Quatrics.
- Thursday, September 21, 2023 - deadline for Deans’ Council to finalize campus nominees.
- Friday, December 1, 2023 - final deadline for KSU to submit campus nominations to USG.
Previous KSU Winners
Prof. Diana Gregory, Art and Design, 2022
Prof. Hillary Steiner, First-Year and Transition Studies, 2017
Prof. Vanessa Slinger-Friedman, Geography and Anthropology, 2016
Prof. Thomas Pusateri, Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning, 2012
Prof. Matt LaPosata, Biology and Physics, 2009
Prof. Randy Smith, Psychology, 2006
Prof. Patricia Reggio, Chemistry and Biochemistry, 2000
KSU has an established process for this award. Each college submits one individual as a nominee. The college’s designated representative should submit a one-page PDF document highlighting the SoTL accomplishments of their candidate and the fit with the award criteria. College representatives can submit a nominee application below.
Individual Nomination Application
To submit a nomination, the college dean or their representative should:
- Download and complete the Cover Sheet for the award nominee.
- Add the completed Cover Sheet to the prepared 1-page nomination and save as 1 file.
- Click on the name of your college below to access the OneDrive folder where you will
upload the file containing the cover sheet and nomination for your college.
If access is denied, please contact CETL at firstname.lastname@example.org or 470-578-6410.
- Click on the Upload button at the top of the page in OneDrive to upload the nomination file.
The college dean or their designee and each nominee will receive a confirmation email for their nomination within the next business day.
- Bagwell College of Education
- Coles College of Business
- College of Architecture and Construction Management
- College of Computing and Software Engineering
- College of Science and Mathematics
- College of the Arts
- Graduate College
- KSU Journey Honors College
- KSU Library System
- Norman J. Radow College of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Southern Polytechnic College of Engineering & Engineering Technology
- WellStar College of Heath and Human Services