Regents’ Momentum Year Award for Excellence in Advising and Student Success
This award is tied to the Momentum Year initiative and focuses on excellence in the part of teaching that happens through advising. It is designed to honor academic units rather than individuals.
Official USG Award Guidelines
To help guide our submission, please note that it is not a generic advising award. Rather, it is tied to the Momentum Year initiative, and therefore it recognizes excellence in advising that moves forward the Momentum Year agenda (students completing full-time credit hours, increased success in both math and English in the first year, the percentage of students completing nine (9) credit hours in an Academic Focus Area, etc.)
You can view the full description and the USG criteria for eligibility here.
- Thursday, September 8, 2022 at 5:00pm - deadline for each Dean or designee to submit nominations to the Dean’s council.
- Tuesday, September 13, 2022 at 5:00pm - deadline for each Dean or designees to submit ratings for nominees in Quatrics.
- Thursday, September 15, 2022 - deadline for Deans’ Council to finalize campus nominees.
- Thursday, December 1, 2022 - final deadline for KSU to submit campus nominations to USG.
KSU has an established process for this award. Each college nominates one department or program. Colleges should submit a 1-page PDF document highlighting the points of pride of the department/program, and the fit with the award criteria. College representatives can submit a nominee application below.
Program Nomination Application
To submit a nomination, the college dean or their representative should:
- Download and complete the Cover Sheet for the award nominee.
- Add the completed Cover Sheet to the prepared 1-page nomination and save as 1 file.
- Click on the name of your college below to access the OneDrive folder where you will
upload the file containing the cover sheet and nomination for your college.
If access is denied, please contact CETL at email@example.com or 470-578-6410.
- Click on the Upload button at the top of the page in OneDrive to upload the nomination file.
The college dean or their designee and each nominee will receive a confirmation email for their nomination within the next business day.
The 2022 nomination window has passed.