SoTL Manuscript Completion Program
Have you gathered and analyzed data for a SoTL study but are struggling to finish preparing it for publication? The hybrid Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SoTL) Manuscript Completion Program provides funding for up to eight KSU faculty members to spend time in person and online focusing on completing writing goals, supported by a structured consultation and peer review process.
CETL defines SoTL as:
systematic inquiry into student learning and/or one’s own teaching practices in higher education which involves methodologically sound application of appropriate research methods, peer review, and distribution as scholarly work.
All meetings will be held 9:00am - 12:00pm.
- Monday, May 15, 2023 (in person at the CETL House): Introductions, Resources for Writing SoTL Papers for Publication, Goal Setting, Writing and Consultation Time
- Wednesday, May 17, 2023 (online): Writing and Consultation Time, Goal Setting and Progress Reports
- Friday, May 19, 2023 (in person at the CETL House): Writing and Consultation Time, and Peer Review
- Monday, May 22, 2023 (online): Writing and Consultation Time, Goal Setting and Progress Reports
- Wednesday, May 24, 2023 (in person at the CETL House): Writing and Consultation Time, and Peer Review
- Friday, May 26, 2023 (online): Writing and Consultation Time, Final Manuscripts Due
$1250 in summer salary (paid in June, subject to KSU fiscal policies).
To be considered, applicants must have completed the SoTL Research Design Micro-Credential and must demonstrate that they have a completed SoTL project that is ready to be written for publication.
Applicants must commit to the entire timeline noted above. Collaborative projects are welcomed; however, only the lead author will receive funding. Funding is subject to receipt of the deliverable: a completed draft of a manuscript for submission to a SoTL journal or book editor.
In the case that more than eight eligible applications are received, the applications will be accepted in the order in which they are received.
Deadline for Application
Monday, April 10, 2023, 11:59pm
Selection and Notification Process
All applications will be reviewed by the Faculty Development Committee with support from the CETL Associate Director for SoTL, using the criteria noted above. Applicants will be notified of a decision within ten days after the application deadline.
All KSU full-time faculty members are eligible for this program.
1. Download the SoTL Manuscript Completion Program Application.
2. Complete and sign the application.
3. Obtain your immediate supervisor’s signature (Chair/Director or Dean).
4. Combine your signed application with the PDF generated by the Hopscotch 4-SoTL tool into a single PDF.
5. Complete the required fields in the webform below.
6. Upload the combined PDF and submit the webform below. Incomplete applications (e.g.,
missing required signatures) will not be considered.
You will receive an e-mail confirmation upon receipt. If you do not receive the confirmation e-mail, please contact CETL at firstname.lastname@example.org. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that the proposal was received by the deadline.