Teaching Academy for Part-Time Faculty
If you are a KSU part-time instructor wishing to energize your teaching and to take it to the next level, this two-day program is for you! Held on Mon. March 30 and Tue. March 31, this Teaching Academy will introduce you to research on student learning, information processing and skill development, and to teaching strategies tailored to foster deep lasting learning in your students. Rather than simply listening to presenters, the sessions will be very interactive, and there will be time during the two days dedicated to apply the theories and research to your own courses. Some of the topics discussed will include:
- Student's Prior Knowledge
- Information Processing and Knowledge Organization
- Student Motivation
- Practice and Feedback
- Student Development
- Course Climate
Monday, February 3, 2020 - 11:59pm
Upon completion each Academy participant will receive $750 additional pay.
Funding is competitive and applications will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- teaching philosophy
- motivation to attend
- foreseeable gains in the applicant's teaching practice.
All currently active part-time KSU faculty who have not previously attended. Must be able to attend both Mon. March 30th and Tue. March 31st from 8am to 5pm.
Selection and Application Process
Participants will be selected on the basis of their teaching philosophy, their motivation to attend, and the foreseeable gains in their teaching practice. A CETL committee will review the applications.
It is the reponsibility of the applicant to ensure a completed application is submitted by the deadline.
- Download the PT Teaching Academy payroll amendment form. The form is already filled out with the necessary payment information. Fill in your
name, department and obtain the necessary signatures from your chair and dean.
- Fill out the required fields and text areas below.
- Upload the completed PT Teaching Academy Payroll Amendment with faculty member, Director/Dept Head, and Dean/Div Head signatures.
- Click “Submit” when you are ready to submit your application.
You will receive an e-mail confirmation of receipt within 24 hours. If you do not receive the confirmation e-mail, contact CETL in case there was an “electronic glitch.” It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that the application was received by the deadline.
This application is now closed.
Back to Faculty Funding