It's About Engagement! Travel Funds Program
CETL Scholarly Teaching will award travel funding for development of effective student learning experiences involving undergraduate research, service learning, or co-ops/internships as they relate to KSU’s It’s About Engagement! initiative. This funding is designated for faculty to deliver teaching-related scholarship, to actively participate in conferences or institutes, or to participate in other faculty development opportunities that have significant emphasis on one or more of the three areas of It’s About Engagement. These opportunities can be either interdisciplinary (such as those organized by CUR, IARSCRE, CEIA, etc.) or they can be focused on disciplinary approaches to the three areas.
These travel funds do not support opportunities that are simply focused on increasing one’s content knowledge in an area that the applicant conducts research or teaches courses. Travel funds are not retroactive and are applicable only towards opportunities that happen after the application deadline for the travel fund; see deadlines below.
An applicant can apply for travel funds for up to $1,000. In order to support as many faculty members as possible, each faculty member can only receive one Travel Fund and can only submit one application per opportunity per fiscal year. Only one faculty member of a multi-authored presentation or only one member of a team attending the same conference may apply for funding.
- Monday, April 6th, 2020 - For travel that will be completed between June 11, 2020 and September 30, 2020
- Monday, February 3rd, 2020 - For travel that will be completed between February 29, 2020 and June 10th, 2020
- Tuesday, September 3rd, 2019 - For travel that will be completed between September 16, 2019 and February 28, 2020
The Faculty Development Committee will evaluate applications based on two criteria.
In terms of engaging students in undergraduate research, co-ops/internships, or service learning:
- Innovation: How will the effect of this professional development opportunity be different than things currently underway in the course, department, or college?
- Impact: What is the projected impact of this professional development opportunity? (The impact should be supported by hard evidence and connected to current assessment or gap data.)
Highest priority is given to those opportunities that target course design and development specifically in one or more of the three It’s About Engagement! areas.
All KSU faculty members who are under contract during the time period of the funding award are eligible to apply.
Selection and Application Process
All applications will be reviewed by the Faculty Development Committee. Applicants will be notified within a week after the committee's decision.
Applicants will need to upload the following documents as a single PDF:
- The completed "It’s About Engagement Travel Funds Program Application Cover Sheet" signed by your supervisor (chair/director/dean).
- (If presenting, actively participating, or receiving an award):
- Abstract/Description of the presentation/participation/award.
- Proof of acceptance (e.g., letter/email from conference coordinator).
It will be the responsibility of the individual submitting the proposal to ascertain that the proposal materials are complete when submitted (all documents requested are included; no materials missing). The Faculty Development Committee will not consider late or incomplete applications.
- Fill out the required fields and text areas below.
- Upload the required PDF document
- Click “Submit” and when you are ready to submit your application.
You will receive an e-mail confirmation of receipt within 24 hours. If you do not receive the confirmation e-mail, contact CETL in case there was an “electronic glitch.” It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that the proposal was received by the deadline.
Back to Faculty Funding