Regents’ Momentum Year Award for Excellence in Teaching and Curricular Innovation
Momentum Year and focuses on excellence in the aspects of teaching highlighted by Momentum Year, in particular teaching first-year courses and High-Impact Practices. It is designed to honor academic units rather than individuals.
Official USG Award Guidelines
Please note that this not a generic program award. Rather, the award is tied to the Momentum Year initiative, and focuses on teaching and instruction that promotes student achievement, promotes a purposeful program and career choice, and creates an environment where positive academic mindsets thrive, catapulting students toward degree completion. In particular, it focuses on teaching first-year students and on incorporating high-impact practices.
- Thursday, September 14, 2023 at 5:00pm - deadline for each Dean or designee to submit nominations to the Dean’s council.
- Tuesday, September 19, 2023 at 5:00pm - deadline for each Dean or designees to submit ratings for nominees in Quatrics.
- Thursday, September 21, 2023 - deadline for Deans’ Council to finalize campus nominees.
- Friday, December 1, 2023 - final deadline for KSU to submit campus nominations to USG.
Previous KSU Winner
First-Year Seminar Program, Department of First Year and Transition Studies, University College, 2019
KSU has an established process for this award. Each college nominates one department or program. The college’s designated representative should complete the form below and submit a one-page PDF document below that highlights the points of pride of the department/program and fit with the award criteria. You must be a college's designated representative to submit the nomination.
Individual Nominee Application
To submit a nomination, the college dean or their representative should:
- Download and complete the Cover Sheet for the award nominee.
- Add the completed Cover Sheet to the prepared 1-page nomination and save as 1 file.
- Click on the name of your college below to access the OneDrive folder where you will
upload the file containing the cover sheet and nomination for your college.
If access is denied, please contact CETL at firstname.lastname@example.org or 470-578-6410.
- Click on the Upload button at the top of the page in OneDrive to upload the nomination file.
The college dean or their designee and each nominee will receive a confirmation email for their nomination within one business day.
- Bagwell College of Education
- Coles College of Business
- College of Architecture and Construction Management
- College of Computing and Software Engineering
- College of Science and Mathematics
- College of the Arts
- Graduate College
- KSU Journey Honors College
- KSU Library System
- Norman J. Radow College of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Southern Polytechnic College of Engineering & Engineering Technology
- WellStar College of Heath and Human Services