Regents’ Teaching Excellence Award for Department or Program
Rather than individual faculty members, this award recognizes and entire department or program for its achievements.
Official USG Award Guidelines
In particular, note that the intended recognition is for departments who can demonstrate with data and facts that they promote, support, and recognize excellence in teaching and in service to students. The USG has recognized entire departments or schools, individual degree programs, graduate or undergraduate, and other non-degree programs (see list of KSU recipients below).
You can view the full description and the USG criteria for eligibility here.
- Thursday, September 8, 2022 at 5:00pm - deadline for each Dean or designee to submit nominations to the Dean’s council.
- Tuesday, September 13, 2022 at 5:00pm - deadline for each Dean or designees to submit ratings for nominees in Quatrics.
- Thursday, September 15, 2022 - deadline for Deans’ Council to finalize campus nominees.
- Thursday, December 1, 2022 - final deadline for KSU to submit campus nominations to USG.
Previous KSU Winners
First-Year Experience program, University College, 2010
Bachelor of Business Administration in Professional Sales, Coles College of Business, 2007
Summer Hill project, Department of History, 2006
Master of Science in Conflict Management, College of Humanities and Social Sciences, 2004
RN to BSN Online Nursing Completion Program, Wellstar College of Health and Human Services, 2002
Southeastern Conference on the Teaching of Psychology, Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning, 2001
Mentor-Protégé Undergraduate Research Program, College of Science and Math, 2000
Honors Program, University College, 1999
KSU has an established process for this award. Each college nominates one department or program. The college’s designated representative should submit a one-page PDF document below highlighting the points of pride of the department/program, and the fit with the award criteria.
Program Nomination Application
To submit a nomination, the college dean or their representative should:
- Download and complete the Cover Sheet for the award nominee.
- Add the completed Cover Sheet to the prepared 1-page nomination and save as 1 file.
- Click on the name of your college below to access the OneDrive folder where you will
upload the file containing the cover sheet and nomination for your college.
If access is denied, please contact CETL at firstname.lastname@example.org or 470-578-6410.
- Click on the Upload button at the top of the page in OneDrive to upload the nomination file.
The college dean or their designee and each nominee will receive a confirmation email for their nomination within the next business day.
The 2022 nomination deadline has passed.